Innovative, efficient, and high-performing buildings within budget.
How do you keep your construction costs down while delivering a top-quality building that serves its occupants over the long haul? How will you find and secure available incentives? And how do you ensure that high-performing design elements actually get incorporated and installed correctly in the construction phase?
We draw upon our extensive on-the-ground experience with new developments and existing buildings to deliver custom solutions for each new construction project that will work in the real world, not just on paper. The result: an efficient, sustainable, healthy, and durable building. Bright Power enhances building performance, delivers superior resident comfort and health, mitigates carbon emissions and environmental impact, and minimizes construction and long-term operating costs.
How we do it: our Find, Fix, and Follow approach. We join your team in the design phase to Find solutions that ensure sustainability, constructability, future occupant comfort, and minimize operating costs. We Fix issues as they arise from design, through construction to avoid costly re-engineering, change orders, and reconstruction. And we Follow post-occupancy performance to ensure that the building operates as efficiently as intended.
Our New Construction Services
- Energy Efficiency Design
- Energy Modeling
- Solar PV Feasibility Studies, Design & Installation
- Battery Storage Feasibility Studies, Design & Installation
- Cogeneration Feasibility Studies, Design & Installation
- Green Building Certification Services: Passive House, EGC, ENERGY STAR, NYSERDA, LEED
- Loan/Financing Assistance
- New York City Energy Conservation Code (NYCECC) Consulting
- HPD & HFA Benchmarking by EnergyScoreCards
- Real-time Energy Management by MoBIUS®
- Seamless Transition from Design to Post-Occupancy by MoBIUS
- Competitive Energy Supply Purchasing
The Apartments at
Bright Power worked with the owner and the design team to integrate energy efficiency and solar energy into the building's plans from the start. The most notable features include a high efficiency condensing boiler plant that will provide hot water and heat to the building at a combustion efficiency of over 90% and a 114 kW solar PV system.
The development team desired to incorporate several different high-performance systems and sustainability initiatives across many sites. It represents one of the most significant urban renewal projects in New York City history. Beginning in 2015, completion of the residential portion of the project is set to be completed in 2024.